Wool is a block harvested from sheep that can be dyed in any of the 16 different colors. Wool blocks are weak, flammable, and offer little resistance against explosions. Wool is harvested by pressing right bumper on a sheep with shears which gives 1-3 wool or killing it gives 0-1 wool. It can also be crafted from 4 strings. White, light gray, gray, black, brown, and pink wool can be found naturally by harvesting it from the respective sheep.
Aside from its necessity for crafting beds
- Wool can be used as floor blocks to make a patterned carpet. (Note: Due to its low blast resistance and high flammability, it is not recommended for outer walls of structures outside of Peaceful Mode.
- Wool can be used in Redstone designs. The availability of multiple colors helps in identification of advance circuitry. Wool acts like any other solid block, allowing use for invertors, for example.
- It can be used as markers for navigation.
- Black wool appears "naturally" in Villages on the light posts.
- 2 pieces of wool can be crafted into carpet.